Pazo de Quito

Google+ print cuaderno de viaje

If we enter the medieval streets of Padrón’s historic district, very close to the church of Santiago, in Calle de los Dolores we come across this urban palace, the “pazo” of the bishop of Quito. Built in 1666, this Renaissance building designed by Melchor Velasco Agüero belonged to Alonso de la Peña y Montenegro, bishop and rector of the University of Santiago de Compostela and captain general in Quito, where he died in 1688.


More information

Calle Rosalía Castro , Padrón, 15900
Present use

Private “pazo” not open to visits.